Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Conversations with Zoie

I'd like to inform the blogosphere, Evan was awarded the tuition waiver for the next school year. Yup, you read that right. We got a full tuition waiver from the math department, pretty sweet, right?

In order to celebrate, we went out to Red Robin. On our way, we grabbed Zoie (Evan's sister). If you ask Kyle who his best friend is, it is always Zoie with a few others showing up in rotation. Recently, when Kyle asked Zoie if he could have multiple best friends---Zoie made it clear that it is only her.

Well tonight driving. Zoie was telling us about some of her teenage drama and texting her best friends. Kyle stopped the conversation and asked Zoie, "WHO is your friend?"

Zoie: "KYLE!"
Kyle: "You don't call me at night."
Z: "I could if you wanted me to."
K: "I don't have a phone for you to call me on."

At this point, Evan, Zoie, and I are laughing. Then Kyle says, "I don't want to be your best friend just your friend." Zoie is able to convince him that they should be best friends. But honestly, this whole conversation is so hilarious and the seriousness and intent he had.

Later after a meltdown getting ice cream, Evan told him that we wouldn't be able to go back if he was going to act like that when we went. What was Kyle's reaction?? "Daddy, don't say that." Priceless.

2 comments:

Jenny Livingston said...

I can't wait to see that funny boy!

Congrats to Evan on the tuition waiver! :)

Merry said...

Haha! That's hilarious!