Saturday, October 16, 2010

R.I.P.

I bought a 2000 Volvo S40 right before I met Evan. From the moment that I drove it off the lot, it had problems. We both hated it. It wasn't designed for children and so the car seats were a pain in the butt. It was always just a pain.

On Tuesday, September 28th, it died. I was driving the kids up to Silver Lake which is up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We were several miles from the top, but most of the way up and the car literally died. I had about 30 seconds to get it off the road before it died. We came to find out that the engine had seized. There was no oil, it was overheated, and yet, no warning lights ever came on (another thing that was happening with the Volvo was that there was an electrical problem in the car).

We had been planning on getting a van in the spring, that day came sooner than expected. On Thursday, Evan and I walked into CarMax at 6:40pm and drove off with a new car at 9:00pm.


She's pretty, huh? This is our new 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan. We love her. She has stow-and-go seats (we can have the whole space in the back flat as the seats fold into the floor), but if the seats are up we have cargo space under them. It drives smoothly and wonderfully. It is just awesome.

I'd also like to point out here that Heavenly Father was really watching out for us and we were truly blessed to get this car when we did and how we did. It was our own family miracle that it all worked out so well.


The van is in the background, but I love how both of my boys have their backpacks---Kyle always wants to be like Evan.


This is Kyle in the new van---he found his beads and wore all of them (although he also wanted monkey to have some too). He was just being a cutie that day on the way to church.

P.S. We've hit the stage where monkey has to do what Kyle is doing, i.e., fold his arms for prayer, kneel for prayer, jump on the bed, sit on the couch for stories, etc. LOVE IT! Always makes me laugh.

No comments: