Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sidewalk Chalk Festival

Back on June 18th, we went to the Sidewalk Chalk Festival at the Gateway. It is something that I've done for several years now, although I missed last year. It is so wonderful and the artists are just amazing with what they can do with chalk on the sidewalk. The greatest part of this is that it benefits foster care.




We even got a family picture because my best mom friend came with us, Nichola. She has five kids. Kyle loves their house and is obsessed with Nichola. He thinks he sees her at the grocery store and asks to go eat lunch at her house. It is the only place in the world that he doesn't ask to go home from. Frequently, we plan a few hour play date and end up staying until well after the kids bed time. I'll admit it, we moved where we did partly to be closer to this family. Besides delivering Aiden and deal with my emotions from the pregnancy with Kyle--Bri's greatest gift to me in this life was introducing me to Nichola at a mom party 18 months ago. Nichola and I both have husbands in school--although her's is in medical school, and we both birth our babies at home :) Honestly, she keeps me sane.



(Eden is the newest, and was only a few weeks old here, but she is in the wrap on Nichola's chest, in case you were only counting 4)




Aren't her kids the cutest? Seriously!



It was very crowded--each year the festival seems to get more crowded. To top it off it was hot too (wish we were still having weather like that instead of rain every day for weeks), thank goodness it is held at the Gateway with the fountain. So we quickly saw the sidewalk chalk and played in the fountain. We all had a great time and I even relieved Evan at one point while we played in the fountain and sent him to the Apple store. To finish off the perfect day we had pizza and popsicle/ice cream in Nichola's backyard while the kids jumped on the trampoline, dug in the sandbox, and played on the swing set. It was the highlight of my birthday.

2 comments:

Anne Marie Baugh said...

Hey, that's my amazing daughter in the top right picture. Her name is Chelsea Baugh. Very cool to find this. Thanks.

Anne Marie Baugh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.