Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So Evan and I bought tickets two weeks ago, or maybe more now, for Ohio. We are going in August. I'm so excited. Because, we never go anywhere, and I live where I can see all the planes landing at the SLC airport from my windows all day long.

I calculated when the last time I flew was---ready for this---October 2007. Evan and I went to Chicago for 3 days. The last vacation that we had was a 4 day trip to Portland, we drove, in February 2009. Over a year ago. We have taken 2 little escapes to Roosevelt, Utah. Which I love, don't get me wrong. But they are usually 36 hours and not as satisfying as a "real" vacation. This time, we are going from a Saturday to a Friday (that's like a whole week).

It's been hard to always be here. I used to travel the world--literally. I lived in Romania and China. I flew home more frequently than every two years. I went places. So I am hoping that this trip will usher in a new era in our lives--one in which we travel.

P.S. Let's be honest, it won't. We'll still be a poor college student family and Kyle will be 2 in September so we'll be paying for his seat from then on. That is why we are going in August. Both boys will be under two and we only have to pay for Evan and me.

4 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! And nice that you only have to pay for you and Evan!

Mallory said...

I hope your trip is UBER UBER fun! Yay for vacations, and yay for having both kids under two...maybe the last yay won't be super yay but it is nice to not have to pay for more airplane seats.

Heidi said...

And fun that you'll have a two-month old baby...hopefully he is as good as Kyle was.

Teresa said...

Yay! cant' wait to see you guys!