Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Baby Kyle!!

My labor was fairly easy. It was only six hours long and even less when you start from the time they broke my water. I had contractions, not in my belly or back like I had been told, but in my hips. I did have an epidural, but I was induced and so someone else was controlling my contractions. They went to check me when the epidural stopped working and the nurse said, "Evan would you like to see your sons head?" At that point, I felt the urge to push and they had to give me a booster shot of epidural medicine. They only did one and a half practice pushes because as the doctor came in she told them she needed to get ready before he came. Two pushes later, we had a beautiful baby boy named Kyle Dillon Young.

Dillon is Evan's middle name and his mother's maiden name, which is very fitting because Kyle is the spitting image of Evan and Kim when they were little. They definitely all take after the Dillon part of the family. Although, Kyle has my long skinny fingers and big eyes (but not my eye color--all Daddy). He's a Daddy's boy. Evan says when we have a girl, she can look like me. Gee, thanks.

Even though he was four weeks early, Kyle was very healthy and they actually thought he was behaving more like a 37 week baby. He had some difficulty learning to eat, so although he was born at 6 lbs 4 oz on Friday, September 12th, 2008 at 12:49pm by Monday he was down to 5 lbs 9 oz.



Daddy and Kyle---Daddy saw and held Kyle even before I did. They were worried about his lungs because he was early. He did great though.




Dr. Gemmell holding Kyle.




First family picture (actually taken his second day of life).....




Sweet baby Kyle....




Grandfather was the first member of the family to hold Kyle, mostly because grandma was in the hall talking to a nurse she knows who helped deliver him.



Grandma couldn't wait to unwrap him and do a full check to make sure the nurses did a good job. They had, he was perfect. But what can you expect from a pediatric nurse?



Auntie Zoie...she waited so patiently for him to come...although at one point she wanted us to spell Kyle, "Cyle," but we obviously don't love her that much.....



Auntie Avery...I think she looks amazing in this photo....




Uncle Oliver and Aunt Heidi...


Grandma just can't get enough of him...which is still true. Kyle actually calls out her name in his sleep....


Other friends came to visit. We appreciated all of it. On the second day we actually got really bored and loved the company. The hospital is rather small and the unit was tiny so we had nowhere to go or walk and Kyle had an annoying bracelet that wouldn't let you take him off the unit or within fifteen feet of the doors.

No comments: