Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Kind of Week Where......

It has been one of those weeks.

The kind where the handyman comes, tears apart your bathroom, leaves you without your bathroom all day, does bad work, damages parts of the bathroom, leaves a mess, and treats you so poorly that you hide behind the door in your bedroom and call your husband home from work because you are afraid to be in the house alone with the handyman.

The kind were you are experiencing abdominal pain on a frequent basis (both nights of your vacation), you know the usual where you call your husband home from work, writhe on the floor and cry. Don't worry that was only twice and not in Vegas, the other times were less dramatic, but still stopped me in my tracks.

The kind where the bishopric show up on your doorstep Tuesday night because the high councilman can't come on Sunday and they want you to do your "welcome" talk to the ward---you are in your pajamas with no bra and Evan isn't home. The topic: what has the church brought to your life? Two days later, no thoughts. Blank, blank slate. Panic is setting in.

The kind where one of your three closest friends in Salt Lake is moving to Oklahoma in about 10 days. We found out Monday.

So there are posts to write, Vegas to gush about, pictures to be posted, new blog layout to be experimented with, thoughts that need to be explored. But it just might not happen this week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh girl...you need some serious downtime. But it doesn't sound as though you'll be getting it anytime soon.

p.s. 9 times out of 10, I'm caught surprised (and bra-less) when someone knocks unexpectedly on our door. I had our manager install a peep hole. Needless to say, I just answer the door less now!

Heidi said...

Kick you when you're down...SAD DAY!

Ami said...

Sounds like a tough week. If it makes you feel any better, we just found out about moving on Friday, so we didn't have much more notice than you!
Talks in sacrament meeting--especially last minute--are stressful. But I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Amy said...

Oh, those do not sound fun. I'm so sorry things didn't go well, but I promise things will work out. I wish I could give you a hug. And...I can't wait to hear about your Vegas trip :-).

Mallory said...

Wowzers, and you still had time to blog about it. I would be on my bed crying and not blogging. I hope this week isn't as harsh.