Saturday, May 28, 2011

Park City, A Movie

 So today we had our second adventure of Evan's Saturday off. We went to the outlet malls, shopped (although I am so angry that the stores have nothing. I've been waiting to go buy some summer clothes without holes and stains until today and even in Old Navy---my major standby---only had tank tops, butt shorts, and swim suit attire), and had a picnic in the playground area. It was not as much fun as I thought---we went into 5 or 6 stores and I didn't even find anything to try on.

We are again privileged and lucky to have Morgan staying with us. She will be tagging along on our adventures for awhile.




Evan was trying to keep them occupied. And although Morgan did have a fun time, she was not happy at that moment to be with Evan and not me. She calls me mommy---which of course I adore. She also loves Aiden and calls him baby and frequently points to Kyle and calls him Kyle. Seriously, today I would have taken 6 of her over any of Kyle---he refuses to hold anyone's hand anywhere. 

Because of all the shopping and walking, we wore the kids out. Since, Alyse had free tickets to the alpine slide at the Olympic Park. Evan and all the children slept in the car while Alyse and I went on a ride. It was windy today, but it was a gorgeous view and it was a fun experience for my first time. But it would never be worth $15, free it was amazing and we got to ride the sky lift up and have some time together without little kiddos.

This afternoon, after we got home, we took everyone to Kung Fu Panda 2. I again forgot the camera and Evan his phone--so again no pictures. If only you could have seen Kyle and Morgan in their seats, their body weight didn't even hold the seats all the way down. It was so sweet. They both had a great time; however, Aiden is so wiggly all the time now that it was difficult in the movie, the last twenty minutes he finally settled and fell asleep. I LOVE the first Kung Fu Panda, Jack Black is Evan's famous doppelganger, which means Evan will never be famous. So I love that watching Po is like watching Evan. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was an entirely new story line and very different from the first. I'll admit, I cried in it. Evan and I, along with the audience, were all laughing out loud at several points.

I think I'm going to do all these things on my blog and I just haven't. The saying is, "when it rains, it pours." It seems like it is always either raining or more frequently pouring in our lives--I've begun to wonder if that is what life is like for everyone and actually what the definition of life is. So bare with me, and don't judge if I don't get around to experimenting with picture layout with our Easter pictures until October.

1 comment:

Jenny Livingston said...

I'm glad she did so well! It makes it easier on me knowing she is doing okay. :) I can't thank you enough, Holly.

PS - Has Evan seen these pictures? Is he okay with this "cross-contamination" of the blogs? Ha ha!