Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Smooth Criminal

Evan and I have a good friend Elliott who we used to live with. Every time we see Elliott, which is at least once a week, he makes insightful comments about Kyle. Sometimes it's, "I always forget you have a baby," frequently I'll hear, "he's like such a little person." Sunday's comment was never to be forgotten, "He's got his own personality. You can see him totally hatching schemes and plans in his head. I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in the underground crime syndicate." Although my five month old is not a smooth criminal. Elliott always makes me realize what a wonder Kyle is and how much he changes day to day.

I just wanted to show some of the more mundane but lovable moments that we've been having with Kyle.

You can't really blame Kyle for seeming mischievous or scheming. I'm the one who let him use Evan as a standing post while Evan was trying to sleep. But look how happy my baby was and Evan didn't seem to notice... ;)

Forcefully chewing on my hand...a common source of play...


Bunny love...


Stealing glasses for chewing...


Play time mat...


Airplane on Daddy's legs...


Swing magic...


Dinner...and yes, it is inside the nose...


Trying to devise a way to get the sound buttons in his mouth...


After nighty-night bath...


Kyle is a little talker. He will talk in his stroller, in his car seat, in the store, eating before bed and naps and always in the morning when he wakes up. Instead of straight out crying he has even taken to whining and speaking his way through his discontent.

To capture this I took a video one morning of him talking away to his bunny in his crib. I know that it is dark and you can't see him, but note, that he doesn't know I am there. At the end, which I wish you could see, he pulls his bunny in and begins to chew on him.



Kyle's a morning person, which in some ways might draw people to wonder about paternity......

This weekend, we are moving. Although it is literally across the street everything still has to be packed and unpacked. Next weekend, we are taking our first road trip. So it means that I am very busy so I will most likely not be posting until we return the beginning of March.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that video is so flippin' cute! Makes you wonder what they are thinking...I hope travelling with a baby goes as well for you as it has for us...you never know til you try! That would have been awesome to see you and catch up if we had more time! We'll make sure to stop in the next time we're in UT. Can't wait to hear about your trip!