Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Aiden at 7 months

So today is Aiden's 7 month birthday. I looked back at the blog to see if I could find Kyle's stats around this time. I can't, but I found out that at 9 months, Kyle weighed 15 lbs 14 oz. Well, since we finally have a scale in our house (never had before), I weighed Aiden this morning out of curiosity. Remember that last month at this time, he was 16 lbs 5 oz. Today he is..... 17 lbs 9 oz. That is a 1 lb 4 oz growth in a month...wow! He is now exactly 6 lbs away from Kyle, which with Kyle's grow is only about another 5 month away :)




He loves his feet, like LOVES them with a passion that is also bestowed on chewing.

He likes his reflection, and can sit with some assistance, finally!! He is still pretty floppy though and so mostly leans in half with the boppy in between.

He is sooooo happy. And he smiles if anyone just looks at him. He'll often fuss, and then suck on his fingers for several minutes, when he'll let out a noise to let me know that he is still unhappy, but he'll go back to sucking on his fingers. He'll wait for me as long as I need---or more frequently, as long as Kyle needs.




He's not serious at all, but he loves to chew and in this picture he is after the hand cord to the camera.

He finally rolled over again (he had two flukes back at 2 months) from tummy to back on Sunday January 30th and from back to front on Thursday February 3rd, as Evan and I were talking about how he still hadn't rolled back to front. He only does one side though, so he rolls in circles and frequently pulls the play mat on top of him (like a burrito with him inside) as he gets tangled up in the supports. He never cares though or at least he can be trapped with it over his head and not make a noise for a long time, until I notice. He's that good of a baby! He also sleeps about 16-18 hours a day.

Secretly, because he still won't remember, when Kyle is having a bad day---which is every day---I tell Aiden, "I wish it was just you and me." I know that someday, Kyle will read this, but by then he'll have been around 2 year-olds and understand. :) At least I hope!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

I am so glad you have an easy 2nd kiddo. That way you can keep up with your first. I like that he is fascinated with his feet. Too cute!