Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day! And I'm posting about it at the same time, the first time that I've posted something in an appropriate time frame--pretty proud of myself. Plus, I've posted 3 times a week (my goal) for two weeks. Go me! Although if it makes you feel better, and brings me back to reality, I cleaned my house on Friday--in the infrequent world-wind way that I do--but never got to Evan's and my bathroom. So go half me! :)

Anyway, enough about this. Let's talk about Valentine's Day, this is the first year that I've been into this holiday and not even for myself. I decided last Christmas that I want to do more for the holidays in the future. I really wanted to start acquiring holiday clothing for my kids. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any good Christmas or Valentine clothing that didn't say dumb things like "heart breaker" or "Who needs Santa when I have Grandma." What is wrong with a simple "Happy Valentine's Day" or "Merry Christmas"? Seriously!

Kyle and I made about 5 batches of heart shaped rice crispy treats, using the new chocolate swirl and caramel vanilla marshmallows, and delivered them. We even dipped them in almond bark or drizzled chocolate and used plenty of red sprinkles. We made strawberry cupcakes with pink vanilla frosting and festive decorations topped off with a strawberry heart shaped marshmallow for Evan to take to work. It has been very fun.

Then this morning, we had a big family breakfast early so we could do it with Evan. Then we all opened our gifts, although Kyle opened both his and Aiden's. It was very sweet and we decided that a Valentine family breakfast with one book per child is what our tradition is going to be from now on. Evan and I don't go all out for this holiday because our wedding anniversary is two weeks away and so I think doing just a family holiday will be perfect for us.

I didn't take any pictures of our breakfast though because Evan wasn't exactly decent :) But it was so nice and we had such a good time. So Happy Valentine's Day to the rest of you.

P.S. I've already started thinking about how I can make green shamrock or some sort of delectable rice crispy treats---as it was recommended as a treat Kyle should eat every day to gain weight, I've become a master gourmet rice crispy treat chef.

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Glad you are celebrating the holidays more. I think kids really appreciate being able to celebrate. PS good job on blogging!

Amy said...

Wow! Way to go! Happy Valentine's Day!