Thursday, March 31, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

I feel a little guilty after the last post. As my friend Teresa pointed out, I have been stressed recently. And my friend, Ami even called and offered her help. 

So I need to let people know that I will be okay. For some reason, this transition, organization, and new routine of living here is hard. Every decision like where I should put the linens causes me to panic. Don't ask about how the kitchen makes me feel. When Evan and I (and even before him) moved apartments, a lot of the details were the same and easy to almost directly move from one apartment to the next. However, this house just doesn't have those things because it is a 1954 house. No pantry. No hall closet. No linen closet. Built-ins in the hall, but smaller closets in the bedrooms....just different aspects to try to figure out. It is overwhelming me, I won't even start on the state of the lawn :) 
But this is not the point of this post. This is:

   





We celebrated st. Patrick's Day with Evan at work. Partly because he was on vacation and we wanted to do something fun. Partly because it was something different and I had nothing planned as my kitchen was packed and we were 2 days from a move. We had a great time and after reading the cute things that my friend's did, I vow to be better prepared next year! But Kyle got to wear a crown, so it was a win for everyone. Plus, the residents love my boys.

P.S. It turned out to be an even more special day for Kyle, as that evening he had his first experience with a McDonald's Play Place....although technically too young. We left after another unsupervised child kept pushing Kyle and he almost fell out of the structure. Nevertheless, a great time by all.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Of course you're stressed! Don't apologize about it. I was just giving you a hard time. Moving is stressful and unfortunately there is no way around it. Are you liking your home, though?